Wrightstyle has the following job vacancies.
Please note that you need to be based within easy commuting distance of our offices in Devizes.
Job Vacancies – Façade Design Technician
Terms – Full time, permanent
Location – You will be required to work at our offices in Devizes, Wilts
At Wrightstyle we believe in paying paying competitive market rates.
Key Purpose of Role:
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Façade Design Technician within our technical department. In this role you will you will be responsible for producing elevations, sections and details for the full façade projects from preliminary sketches to construction issue drawings. In addition, you will be familiar with compiling all project related information which enables the project to be fabricated in our workshop. This will consist of CNC programming (full training provided), material scheduling & fabrication drawings. This role reports to the Chief Design Manager.
- Interpretation of architectural construction drawings.
- Production of general arrangement drawings for customer approval
- Liaising with customer throughout the design process
- Material scheduling
- Ensuring feasibility of the design & fabrication
- Production of cutting lists & CNC files for fabrication
- General administrative duties for a technical office
- Adhering to company & external system test data
- To fully understand internal & external systems & be competent when advising customers.
- To adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- To adhere to all ISO 9001: regulations, issuing Non Conformity Reports as and when it becomes necessary
- Must be able to use Auto CAD 2D (Currently running Autodesk 2018)
- A knowledge of SolidWorks 2020 would be useful but not essential
- Experience in curtain walling, glazing facades preferred
- An understanding of CNC software (and we will provide full training on our specific CNC programme )
- Eye for detail & able to follow manuals / test data
- Must be inquisitive with a willingness to learn
- To be able to work unsupervised within a small team
- Professional manner and presentation.
- Good communications essential (customer and internal liaison), with a good command of both verbal and written English
- Computer skills and software knowledge. Computer Literate in Microsoft, Excel and Word to a minimum of intermediate level.
- High level math essential. Good understanding of numerical work. Figures/data entry, values and measurements.
- A pro-active ‘can do’ approach.
If you would like to apply for this position please email your full details with a covering letter and CV to :
Chris Peters, Chief Design Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org